• Divorce & Family Law
• DWI, DUI, Drunk Driving
• Criminal Defense
• Personal Injury
• Business Law
• Wills, Trusts & Estates
Divorce & Family Law
The emotions that come with divorce can be overwhelming at times and are often enhanced by complicated legal issues. Steven Kay has helped hundreds of families get through difficult and stressful times. Whether it’s a simple uncontested divorce, where you and your spouse agree on everything, or a complex divorce case involving custody, property issues, or business interests, we are here to help you.
In times of crisis, you need someone that you can trust to help you in your time of need. Steven Kay provides skilled legal representation in all issues related to divorce, custody and family law, including:
- Child custody
- Child support
- Grandparents’ rights
- Legal Separation Paternity
DWI, DUI & Drunk Driving
Northwest Arkansas DWI Attorney
If you are charged with drunk driving in Arkansas you must act immediately to protect your right to drive. You only have 7 days from the date of arrest to request an administrative hearing or your driver’s license will be automatically suspended. We will determine if there are grounds to fight the suspension or we will arrange for a conditional license so that you can still drive. If you have an out of state driver’s license, you still must request the administrative hearing.
A DWI arrest can have very serious consequences, including:
- Loss or suspension of your driver’s license
- Large fines
- Substance-abuse treatment and drug and alcohol classes
- Jail or prison time
- Community service
- Criminal record
- Restrictive probationary license programs, including ignition interlock devices and conditional permit Each case is different, but we always start with the goal of finding a way to win your case. The Law Firm of Steven H. Kay will handle all aspects of your DWI case, including trying to keep your driver’s license from being suspended, securing a conditional privilege for driving it is suspended, questioning the reason for your traffic stop, and preparing for a trial.
Steven H. Kay is a former deputy prosecuting attorney who has additional insight in how to win your case and he will be aggressive in your representation to make sure your legal rights are protected.
Time is of the essence. Contact The Law Firm of Steven H. Kay immediately for your free consultation and let their experienced legal team help you.
The Law Firm of Steven H. Kay will vigorously defend and fight to protect your rights. They represent clients for felony and misdemeanor charges in State and Federal Court and in district courts throughout the State of Arkansas, no matter how minor or serious the charges may be. Criminal Defense
An experienced criminal defense attorney can make all the difference in the outcome, no matter what accusations you are facing. Smart & Aggressive Representation Steven Kay has 11 years experience helping clients facing criminal charges. Steven is a former prosecutors who understands how the other side thinks. The Law Firm of Steven H. Kay’s staff consists of a former certified law enforcement officer and drug task force agent who help provide additional insight in how to prepare your case for the best possible outcome.
The sooner you speak to an attorney, the better your outcome will be. Call The Law Firm of Steven H. Kay today at 479-521-3334 for your free consultation to talk to about your case.
Potential Penalties for Arkansas Criminal Offenses*
Class A: 0-1 year in jail and/or fine up to $1000
Class B: Up to 90 days
Class C: 0-30 days in jail and/or fine up to $100
Class Y: 10-40 or life in prison and/or fine up to $15,000
Class A: 6-30 years in prison and/or fine up to $15,000
Class B: 5-20 years in prison and/or fine up to $15,000
Class C: 3-10 years in prison and/or fine up to $10,000
Class D: 0-6 years in prison and/or fine up to $10,000 *
According to Arkansas Law. Subject to Change.
The firm represents people in the following types of cases:
- Manufacturing a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Controlled Substance, with Intent to Deliver
- Possession of Controlled Substance & Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- DWI, DUI, Drunk driving and Traffic tickets
- Assault and Battery
- Domestic Battery & Protective Orders
- Theft of Property
- Residential Burglary
- Rape & Sexual Assault
- Burglary and Armed Robbery Probation violations
Do bills have you down? Are you past the point of catching up? Are Creditors calling non-stop? Is the stress taking its toll on you? It’s time to look at solutions.
The Law Firm of Steven H. Kay knows no one ever plans to file bankruptcy. We understand that divorce, job loss, unemployment, injury or illness can force people to rely on credit cards or let their bills get so far behind that they cannot catch up.
Let Steven take a look at your financial situation to see if you qualify to discharge your debts through Chapter 7 bankruptcy or consolidate and pay off your debts over time through Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
STOP THE CALLS.
Contact The Law Firm of Steven H. Kay immediately and let our experienced legal team help you.
The Law Firm of Steven H. Kay represents individuals who have been injured as a result of accidents such as:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Premises liability – slip and fall.
NECK & BACK INJURIES
Some of the hardest injuries to prove are soft tissue injuries to the neck and back. An insurance company may question a soft tissue injury like it is not a “real” injury. We understand that your injury and pain are real and that they interfere with your life.
WE WILL WORK FOR YOU
The Law Firm of Steven H. Kay has the legal knowledge and experience to prove your injuries and what caused them, and document your financial needs as a result of your injury. Our firm works with medical professionals to determine the extent of your injuries and what you can expect in the future as a result of your injuries. We will investigate the accident scene, determine fault, and collect evidence to support your claims.
Whiplash, orthopedic injuries, herniated discs, and other serious injuries often leave people unable to work. The Law Firm of Steven H. Kay is a full-service personal injury law firm, prepared to help clients solve every problem created by their injury. If you are disabled and unable to work, we can help you. We can help you file and receive Social Security Disability benefits and Supplemental Security Income.
CONTACT US NOW
We want to help you get back on your feet and hold the at-fault party responsible for their negligence. Call The Law Firm of Steven H. Kay today to schedule your free consultation and talk to Steven about your case. (479) 521-3334
Whether you are considering setting up a new business or you currently own and operate an ongoing business, you want an experienced attorney to provide counsel on the wide range of legal issues you can face every day. From business formation to commercial contracts and from compliance with state or federal laws and regulations to business litigation, you need a lawyer who understands the law and the process.
We provide comprehensive representation to businesses and business owners, handling matters involving:
- Business formation: We take the time to learn about your prospective business venture so that we can recommend the structure that best suits your needs. We can help you with forming a sole proprietorship or partnership to a limited liability company (LLC) or corporation. We will prepare and file all the required documents to establish your company in compliance with state business laws, including articles of incorporation or organization, by-laws and revenue/tax registrations. We can also assist in the winding down or dissolution of a business.
- Liens: We can prepare and file laborer’s and materialman’s liens on residential or commercial real estate and pursue the foreclosure and collection of said liens in a court action.
- Commercial contracts: We will negotiate, review and/or draft any contract you need to conduct your business, including but not limited to, vendor, supplier and customer agreements, confidentiality and non-compete agreements, partnership contracts, and employment agreements.
• Business litigation: We can represent you as a plaintiff or as a defendant in any business-related dispute, including contract disputes, collections, and breach of warranty claims.
The Law Firm of Steven H. Kay has more than 11 years experience representing businesses and business owners in Northwest Arkansas and the River Valley. We provide a free initial consultation. Contact The Law Firm of Steven H. Kay today to set up an appointment. (479) 521-3334.
Wills, Trusts, Estates
To create a plan tailored to accomplish your estate planning goals, you want an experienced attorney to guide you through the process. There are many different ways to protect your assets and pass your belongings and property to your loved ones. You want a lawyer who can help you determine the approach that will best meet your needs.
At the Law Firm of Steven H. Kay, we have experience handling all matters related to estate planning. We are committed to helping our clients protect their loved ones and themselves with carefully thought out estate plans.
When you hire us to assist you with your estate planning, we will start the process by learning as much about you and your financial situation, as well as your needs and goals. We will explain the different strategies available for meeting your goals and we will go over the advantages and disadvantages of each strategy. In developing your estate plan, we will discuss the tax consequences and determine the best approach to minimize the challenges faced by your loved ones.
We will prepare all the necessary documents for your estate, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, living wills, health care directives, and guardianships for minor children.
Our firm specializes in various aspects of immigration law including:
- Residency and the Waiver Process
- Deferred Action (DREAMers)
- Deportation Proceedings
- Naturalization (Citizenship)
- Bond Hearings; and
- Executive Action